Combi Boiler Service
A combi (or combination) boiler is an ingenious space-saving idea, and an increasingly popular choice in UK homes. In fact, combis now account for well over half of all the new domestic boilers installed in Britain every year.
A combi boiler is both a high-efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler, combined (hence the name) within one compact unit. Therefore, no separate hot water cylinder is required, offering space saving within the property.
Further benefits of a combi boiler are significant savings on hot water costs and the fact that hot water is delivered through your taps or shower at mains pressure. So you can enjoy powerful showering (a thermostatically-controlled shower safeguards against sudden changes in water temperature) without the need for a pump.
Another combi boiler benefit is that it can generally save you money on installation time and costs, since no tank in the roof space means less pipe work and a shorter installation time.
The advantages of a combi boiler are:-
- Instant hot water on demand, and you will never run out as long as the boiler works.
High pressure hot and cold water at all outlets.
A powerful shower.
Additional storage space. No water tanks in the loft and no hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard.
As you only heat the water that you use your fuel bill should drop.
The dis-advantages are:-
- No hot water back-up. Because you no longer have a hot water cylinder with an immersion heater.
- More complex than a standard boiler.
- Hard water areas form lime scale within the heat exchangers.
- They require a certain amount of water pressure and volume to work correctly.
- The water within the radiator system will be higher than a traditional system.
- No redundancy.
- Not good for Multi bathroom properties.