System boiler with Pressurised Hotwater Cylinder
A system boiler, just like a regular (conventional) boiler works on the principle of stored hot water. However, a system boiler differs from a regular boiler in some important respects.
Firstly, many of the major individual components of the heating and hot water system are built into a system boiler, pump, control valves, pressure vessel, which means that installation is quicker, neater, easier and more efficient.
Secondly, the system boiler removes the need for a feed and expansion cistern which would normally be located in the loft.
The advantages of a System Boiler with Un-Vented Hot Water are:-
- High pressure hot and cold water at all outlets.
- A powerful shower.
- Additional storage space. No water tanks in the loft and no hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard.
- Minimal pipework.
- Hot water backup if the unvented cylinder is fitted with an immersion heater.
- Good for multi bathroom/shower room installation.
- No need for additional shower pumps to boost water pressure.
The dis-advantages are:-
- They require a certain amount of water pressure and volume to work correctly.
- The water within the radiator system will be higher than a traditional system.
Perfect Heating And Plumbing – System Boiler with Open Vented Hot Water Cylinder